Fast-Growing Medical Device Company Developing New Treatment Options for Glaucoma Patients Receives Numerous Awards & Recognition from Ernst & Young, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Red Herring and Others
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Ivantis Inc., developer of the novel Hydrus® Microstent, a minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) device designed to lower eye pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma, is proud to be the recipient of multiple awards and recognition this year for its innovation and excellence in helping to change the standard of care for the world’s 80 million glaucoma patients, as well as its positive, supportive company culture.
The company has received several “best places to work” designations. Ivantis was ranked No. 4 on The Orange County Register’s Top Workplaces 2020 list and was also the only medical device company, at No. 15, on the Orange County Business Journal’s 2020 Best Places to Work list.
Additional awards and recognition include:
- President and CEO Dave Van Meter named Entrepreneur Of The Year® by Ernst & Young LLP (2020 Pacific Southwest-Orange County division)
- “Strong Recommendation” of Ivantis’ Hydrus Microstent under the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) 2020 Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Preferred Practice Pattern; the Hydrus also received the highest grade for “Strength of Evidence” to date (Grade I) of any MIGS technology reviewed by AAO1
- Red Herring Top 100 North America
- MedTech Breakthrough Award for Best New Technology Solution for Ophthalmology
- Finalist, Octane High Tech Awards – Outstanding Innovation in MedTech/Life Sciences
“It’s truly an honor to be recognized for our commitment to innovation and excellence in the fight against glaucoma, as well as our empowering, fun and supportive corporate culture,” said Dave Van Meter, president and CEO of Ivantis. “To receive so many awards and recognition during what has been an unprecedented and challenging year for so many in our community is humbling. We share this acknowledgment with our entire team and thank them for their hard work, resolve and dedication to our mission. Everyone at Ivantis is passionate about making a difference in the lives of glaucoma patients worldwide and delivering innovative, high-quality products for clinicians, and we look forward to continuing to innovate together.”