What You Should Know:
– Babyscripts, a virtual care platform for managing obstetrics, announced a one-year partnership with LCMC Health, a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system.
– The partnership has provided more than 1,200 mothers with equitable access to care through the Babyscripts virtual maternity care platform and has been shown to increase patient compliance to important maternal care guidelines.
LCMC Health Delivers Remote Pregnancy Care to More Than 1,200 mothers Through Babyscripts
The partnership has provided more than 1,200 mothers with equitable access to care through the Babyscripts virtual maternity care platform and has been shown to increase patient compliance to important maternal care guidelines. Pregnant and postpartum mothers receiving care through LCMC Health have access to Babyscripts myJourney, a mobile app that offers provider-approved educational content, gestational age-appropriate information, reminders, and notifications to improve engagement and adherence to quality measures, weight tracking, and practice-specific resources. Additionally, patients at risk for high blood pressure are enrolled into Babyscripts myBloodPressure, which enables at-home antenatal and postpartum blood pressure monitoring to facilitate diagnosis and management for complications such as preeclampsia and postpartum hypertension.
All parishes in South Louisiana, with one exception, fall in the highest category on the March of Dimes Social Vulnerability Index, a scale that determines areas where pregnant women are more likely to experience poor maternal or infant health outcomes. Sustained blood pressure management and timely postpartum care are critical factors for improving these outcomes. Since the inception of the partnership, mothers enrolled on Babyscripts receiving care through LCMC Health have demonstrated the following improvement:
– Mothers enrolled on Babyscripts receiving care through LCMC Health were more than two times as likely to complete a 30-day postpartum visit than the control group.
– At 60 days postpartum, 64 percent of Babyscripts users had completed a postpartum visit, compared to 44 percent of the control group.
– Overall, compliance with remote monitoring exceeded LCMC Health’s target goals, in certain instances by as much as 30 percent.
Why It Matters
Together, LCMC Health and Babyscripts are offering mothers that receive care at East Jefferson General Hospital, Touro, and West Jefferson Medical Center the support and solutions needed to align with their needs. As Louisiana strives to improve in national rankings for maternal and infant health outcomes, LCMC Health continues to look for opportunities to adopt more advanced measures for maternal and postpartum care.
“The ability to access adequate prenatal and postpartum care is one of the largest predictors of maternal and infant health outcomes,” said Juan Pablo Segura, President and co-founder of Babyscripts. “With Babyscripts, LCMC Health is able to streamline the maternal health experience across their system, opening opportunities to access and providing consistent, high-quality pregnancy care to all patients, regardless of race, income, geography, or risk.”